Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2017, 11:54:00 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Want to embed WMV videos in your web pages?  Click here:

+  alexander's forum
|-+  Discussion Forum
| |-+  Issues
| | |-+  Censorship
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Poll
Question: Do you think games like "Contents Under Pressure" should be banned?
No, never; banning artistic expression suppresses creativity   -3 (42.9%)
Some games, depending on the game   -4 (57.1%)
All games with subversive content   -0 (0%)
Total Voters: 7

Author Topic: Censorship  (Read 2141 times)
alexander
Sir
Administrator

Stop the world, I want to get off...

« on: February 17, 2006, 04:09:12 PM »

Is there too much censorship these days or not enough?  Have your say...

Regards, Mr A
Jam
Year 12 2007

Absoludicrous

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2006, 03:23:05 PM »

i voted for NO coz for me the more you prohibit something the more people are being curious about it.

Just like in a cigarette, its bad for health but still many people uses them and instead of banning what they did was they put pictures of a dying child caused by lung cancer or a rotten teeth in the cigarette labels so that every time they buy cigarette they can see what it can do to them and how will it affect others around you.

Like i said i dont agree about banning games with violent or malicious acts they can just put Parental guidance or things like that but not banning it. No, because most people or should i say young adults like playing games with censorship, its like a thrill for us!

alexander
Sir
Administrator

Stop the world, I want to get off...

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2006, 09:40:18 PM »

I agree Jam, banning something is usually a great way to guarantee its popularity...

Regards, Mr A
Snoop1990
aquarian

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2009, 10:07:50 PM »

I guess there are still things that have to be banned, you know games which provide racial, or racist background, you know games that make you think doing something bad is good.
But when it comes to graffiti I do not think that is that bad, you know there are games that allow you to hug Wink your friends, so why do not they allow this graffiti game ? Or what about tony hawk, in his game you ride your skateboard in supermarkets and other places where skateboarding is prohibited. ...
Master Chief
Year 9 2007

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2009, 08:08:15 PM »

yes i agree, u all make valid points. the more people censor something, it is more likely that it will increase its popularity. one prime example of this is grand theft auto:san andreas. it was banned here in australia for its graphic depictions of violence, racism and gang related hatred. yet it still managed to find its way in and become the most popular of the series.

but, back to the question. i think there is way to much censorship in modern day society.

wat do u guys reckon?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length